Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2021

SLJ: Catapult

Today my sister and I have created a SUPER CATAPULT! At first glance you'll think "well it doesn't look like it could throw anything within a 1 metre distance" but thats the thing, you should never judge a book by it's cover because this amazing catapult can go further (about a few more center metres lol) so lets hope the bad guys don't come within a metre and more radius because then it won't be hitting any enemies, but making it was a lot harder than any other task I have did, because just putting on the string to attach the spoon and tube was a struggle but in the end we did it.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alamoni,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    How exciting that we are onto the final week of the SLJ and our final NanoGirl task. I think you introduced and explained the activity well, mentioned what you enjoyed and found difficult and included instructions on what you need and how to make our own.

    I think your catapult looks awesome and it is great to hear that it works to some extent, a great short distance catapult. How would you change it to improve the distance?

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia orana Alamoni
    It’s Renee from the Summer Learning Journey Team, here. Ka pai for your mahi on this fantastic blog post. I particularly love that you have completed this activity with your sister. Collaborating and creating together with your whānau is a fantastic way to learn as two minds working together is often better than one.

    I agree you definitely can not judge a book by its cover and it’s great that you could get this catapult working despite the challenges you have described in making it! Did you enjoy this activity? I have noticed that you have shared some awesome posts in response to Nanogirl’s activities - do you enjoy science?

    One way that you could think about enhancing this blog post is by videoing your catapult in action and uploading a Screencastify of the recording to your post. I would love to see that!

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the excellent blogging, I always enjoy reading your new posts!

    Mā te wā
    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete